Fexapotide Triflutate is a protein injectable for benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement, "BPH") and for low grade localized prostate cancer. It has been designed to be administered in the urologist's office in a simple injection that takes a few minutes. FT is a new molecular entity which safely targets prostate glandular cells that have proliferated in BPH. FT works by a mechanism of inducing apoptosis (programmed cell death) which selectively removes cells in the enlarged BPH prostate gland, and that also is useful in removing low grade localized early stage prostate cancers. In large clinical trials involving over 1700 men there have been minimal side effects from FT.
More on Fexapotide
NicAlert® is a simple, cost-effective test to determine smoking status. It is an easy-to-read test strip that can be used with either a saliva or a urine sample.
NicAlert® can help:
- smokers and family members to get a more accurate measure of their smoking;
- parents to check whether their teenaged children are smoking;
- teachers and high school coaches to test high school athletes for smoking or other tobacco product use;
- to verify smoking status for insurance applications;
- to test subjects in tobacco research studies.
There are many new significant opportunities for the development and expansion of state-funded research and tobacco prevention and cessation programs.
TobacAlert® is a home test that provides a quick, accurate, on-the-spot determination of a person’s level of exposure to tobacco products including second hand smoke. It is not intended for medical use. For more information see www.tobacalert.com.